Latest > If Golfers Were Bands No6
Oct 3rd, 2015
If Golfers Were Bands No6
Which tour player is.... Oasis?
Words: George Stead
Well he’s been at it again, sat between a pile of his dad’s old records, and a load of his old GolfPunk magazines he’s put together the top 10 of all top 10’s, and promised us it’s not just a list of his favourite bands. Over to you, George...
6) John Daly is... Oasis
Here's the science...
1) Both burst on to the scene with an arrogance, style and talent like no other. Both began their careers with two huge successes: two of the greatest albums of all time, two major victories.
2) Both took lots of drugs. Both probably have had many a sore throat.
3) Both earned more money than they could have imagined in their wildest working class dreams. Then spent it all on stupid things. Got pretty fat.
4) Played on the fact that they were both ridiculously patriotic.
5) Took a load of more drugs. Drank a load of beer.
6) Showed glimpses of coming back to their best. Drank more beer.
7) Lost some weight.
8) Set up a clothing line with a pretty bold statement.
9) Made more money. Drank more beer and fell out with everyone on the way.
10) But, will always Live Forever.
Related to this article:
If Golfers Were Bands: Who Would Be... Queen?
If Golfers Were Bands: Who Would Be... AC/DC?
If Golfers Were Bands: Who Would Be... Foo Fighters?
Oasis Live At Gleneagles Golf Course, 1994!!!