Jan 18th, 2023
The All-New CBX Full-Face 2 from Cleveland Golf
Release of the largest CBX Face Ever in March
The CBX Full-Face 2 is designed to be more forgiving with a larger face and added HydraZip, ZipCore, and UltiZip technologies. It is a wedge built for golfers looking for the right balance of forgiveness and versatility to unleash their greenside creativity.
“Our new CBX Full-Face 2 wedge allows golfers the freedom to get creative around the greens and in tight yardages, with the perfect amount of spin control. With the biggest face ever on a CBX wedge, you’ll be able to strike the ball anywhere on the face with more forgiveness while enjoying controlled stopping power in any conditions.”
Sean Hanafusa, CEO and Chairman at Srixon Sports Europe.
The striking areas on the CBX Full-Face 2 are integrated with new HydraZip technology, which uses dynamic face blasts and laser lines that maximize friction for improved spin consistency in dry and wet conditions.
This generation of the CBX Full-Face wedges also feature reshaped sole grinds. The Full Sole design offers more bounce on lower lofts for stable, full swing shots. The C-Shaped Sole on higher lofts provides added bounce in the centre and relief around the heel, designed to optimize the balance between forgiveness and greenside versatility. All sole grinds feature a new bounce chamfer that helps the wedge get in and out of the turf from various attack angles and helps prevent chunked chip shots.
Key Innovations Inside the CBX Full-Face 2
- HydraZip: A new, dynamic face blast and laser-milled line pattern, designed to friction for improved spin consistency in wet or dry conditions.
- ZipCore: Set in the heart of the Wedge, ZipCore is a lightweight, low-density core technology that reduces vibrations, optimizes CG location, and boosts MOI for increased feel, control, consistency, and forgiveness.
- UltiZip: Sharp, deep, tightly spaced grooves help maximize spin performance and cut through debris at impact. These grooves help deliver more consistent spin, control, and consistency.
- Larger Full-Face Profile: The larger face helps players hit more open-face shots thanks to the largest face ever on a CBX Wedge. More face equals more grooves, offering heel to toe forgiveness and versatility
- Forgiving Sole Designs: A new Full Sole design on the 50-52 degree lofts helps enhance performance on full-swing shots, while the C-Shape Sole featured on 54-60 degree lofts adds bounce in the centre. All lofts feature a new bounce chamfer near the leading edge, designed to reduce chunking around the green.
Steel: £159 / €189
Graphite: £169 / €199
Launch Date: 15th March 2023