Mar 14th, 2018
Rickie Fowler, Puma Golf and Arnie's Army Foundation partner
To honour the legendary Arnold Palmer
In tribute to Arnold Palmer, Rickie Fowler will once again head to Bay Hill for the Arnold Palmer Invitational, with special plans to pay tribute to The King. Throughout the week, Rickie, along with fellow Cobra Puma golfer Bryson DeChambeau and their caddies, will sport the iconic umbrella logo on accessories, footwear and apparel, Additionally, Rickie will wear exclusive, custom PUMA Golf Hi-Tops designed to honor the life and career of a true legend.
Only two pairs of the custom Hi-Tops were created, designed and hand-crafted by Roland Padron, also known as Nomad Customs. Padron, based out of Miami, Fl., has developed custom shoes for a number of other prominent professional athletes. Rickie will wear one pair of the Hi-Tops during tournament play, and the other, personally autographed by Rickie, will be included in a giveaway that fans can enter to win (click here for details). All proceeds will go to support Arnie’s Army Charitable Foundation. Last year’s custom PUMA Hi-Tops raised $25,300 dollars in support of the Foundation.
Also included in the giveaway, PUMA Golf worked with Arnie’s Army Charitable Foundation to create a limited number of LE Arnie’s Army PWRADAPT shoes along with an Arnie’s Army PUMA Snapback cap. Both the shoe and the cap display the silhouette of a young Palmer, and highlight each year that Palmer won on the PGA Tour and the number of times he won in each respective year.
To ensure all fans have a chance to win these shoes/hats, Arnie’s Army is hosting a series of online auctions/giveaways that anyone can enter. Click the links highlighted below for all the details.
HI-TOP & PWRADAPT SWEEPSTAKES:
- Through a donation to Arnie’s Army, fans can win the Grand Prize – ONE pair of custom API IGNITE Hi-Tops, autographed by Rickie Fowler, the only other pair in existence will be worn by Rickie at the 2018 API Tournament.
- A donation will also register fans to potentially win one of 62 pairs of Limited Edition Arnie’s Army PUMA PWRADAPT pairs of shoes or one of 175 Limited-Edition Arnie’s Army PUMA Snapback cap.
- Dates: will run for 10 days, from Monday, March 12 at 10a ET – through Thursday, March 22 at midnight. To participate click here.
MAJOR WINS AUCTION:
- Arnie’s Army is auctioning seven unique pairs of the PWRADAPT shoes - these seven pairs are even more special. Each will be personally autographed by Rickie, and highlight one of the years Palmer won each of his seven majors (i.e Masters, 1958). All proceeds from the Auction will benefit Arnie’s Army Charitable Foundation. The auction will run for 10 days, from Monday, March 12 at 10a ET – through Thursday, March 22 at midnight. Click here to bid on the pair you want!
- GIVEAWAYS: Follow @PUMAGolf for some fun giveaways during the week of the tournament.