Feb 15th, 2021
Srixon introduces ZX4 irons
New set created to bring forgiveness to the Srixon iron lineup
The new ZX4 irons are a fully hollow set created to bring forgiveness to the Srixon iron lineup while maintaining the brand’s signature look and forged feel. The iron’s sharp address view and mid-sized profile give them a palatable shape, while their technologies produce exceptional performance.
Hollow from short to long iron, ZX4 irons give you the freedom to strike the ball across the face while still enjoying high shots that launch straight and find their targets. Premium, high-density tungsten in the base of ZX4’s long and mid irons lowers their centres of gravity significantly, producing a high-launch profile. A forged HT1770 Steel face is strong and light, increasing face-flex at impact for enhanced speed and distance. And a 431 Steel body absorbs vibrations for a softer feel.
ZX4 also feature Srixon’s new MainFrame technology, a one-of-a-kind face design that increases ball speed on every shot. Milled into the backside of each ZX4 face, MainFrame is a variable thickness pattern made up of grooves, channels, and cavities. This pattern maximizes COR for more ball speed and enhanced distance. The engineering team used artificial intelligence and machine learning to develop the unique face pattern, with computers running thousands of simulations before settling on the fastest design.
The unique Tour V.T. Sole gives ZX4 smoother turf interaction and improved impact feel. The V-shaped sole glides smoothly through turf, even if you strike slightly behind the ball.
Like all ZX irons, ZX4 also feature the resurgence of Srixon’s popular sole notches. Revered by professional tour players, these heel and toe notches enhance iron workability without sacrificing forgiveness.
“The new Srixon ZX4 irons mark a new revolution in forgiveness for Srixon. The irons include a fully hollow construction with wide soles for getting the center of gravity extremely low and providing maximum forgiveness from the turf. The ZX4 irons accomplish this in addition to MainFrame technology, Tour V.T. Soles, tungsten weighting, and the look and feel expected with Srixon ZX irons.”
Joe Miller, Product Manager at Srixon Sports Europe
Key Innovations Inside the ZX4 Irons:
- MainFrame – A variable thickness pattern made up of grooves, channels, and cavities. This pattern maximizes COR for more ball speed and enhanced distance.
- Hollow Construction – Hollow in every loft, ZX4 delivers higher shots that launch straight and stay on target.
- Tour V.T. Sole – Smoother turf interaction and improved impact feel help the V-shaped sole glides smoothly through the turf.
- Tungsten Weighting – High-density tungsten in the base of ZX4’s long and mid irons lowers their centres of gravity significantly to deliver high, easy launches.
- Face Forged – A forged HT1770 Steel face is strong and light, increasing face-flex at impact for enhanced speed and Srixon’s signature iron feel.
Retail Information and Pricing:
Pricing: ZX4 Irons (6-piece steel 5-PW) - £899 / €999, ZX4 (6-piece graphite 5-PW) - £999 / €1,149
UK & Ireland Retail Launch Date: 20th March 2021
For more information on all products in the Srixon range, visit www.srixon.co.uk or explore our Srixon Share portal www.srixon-share.com