Feb 15th, 2017
The Top 5 Worst Putts Of All Time!!!
Look away now if you are of a nervous disposition
Words: Daniel Owen
6. Ernie Els hit a shocking putt at the Dunhill Links. Painful for all to see, it was a true classic yip. Watch his hands just before he hits it!
But in the grand scheme of things Ernie's trials and tribulations were meaningless. These putts were much worse...
5. IK Kim to lose the Kraft Nabisco Championship in 2012. This ones a shocker. A 1 foot putt to win the Major. A horseshoe lip out, followed by a playoff loss. She's yet to break her major duck.
Hoch had a two foot putt to win the 1989 Masters. All you need to know is that he's forever been known as Scott Choke since. Nick Faldo beat him in the playoff to win his first of three green jackets.
3. Joe Daley was trying to get his PGA Tour Card at Q School. He hit a perfect 2 foot putt. It goes in the hole. Somehow it spits back out, it makes no sense, the ball disappears. Dale went on to miss his tour card by one shot.
2. Dustin Johnson had a 10 footer to win the US Open at Chambers Bay. He had a three footer to make a play off. He missed both, and Jordan Spieth walked off with his second major of the season.
1. Doug Sanders had a three foot putt to win the 1970 Open at St Andrews. He missed it. It's a heartbreaker to watch, he runs after it like a yipping old boy we've all played with at one time or another. He lost the playoff to Jack Nicklaus.