Nov 9th, 2017
The Key To Weight Transference with Maria V
AKA From Russia With Glove
Words: Maria Verchenova Photography: David Corbett & Tim Southwell
LET and Olympics star Maria Verchenova gives us the low down on how to make sure you have your weight transference, to make sure you get through the ball and don't fanny it like a berk...
Weight transference: Shot on location at the fantabulous PGA Catalunya
We see it all the time. Golfers getting their weight nicely on to their back foot on the backswing and then staying there as they make the downswing. There is no real commitment to get through the ball. As a result, the ball goes high and right. Not good.
1) Weight transference is everything when you have a driver in your hand.
2) When you get to the top of your back swing, you have to ensure you have transferred all your weight to the right foot.
3) Then when you are about to begin the downswing, visualise the weight transferring to your left foot.
4) You should also concentrate on making sure you have a really nice full, high finish, this will help get the weight transferring from the backswing to the downswing and get your body through the ball.
5) To achieve that you have to ensure you transfer all your weight to the front foot during the downswing.
Watch the video
Maria's social media: